The most commonly known and considered aspect of color:
- Chroma – The actual color. We simply refer to this aspect as color. When people talk about matching, they’re referring to this aspect.
The least considered aspects of color:
- Value – The lightness and darkness of a color; tints and shades.
- Temperature – Whether a color is cool or warm, and yes a blue can be warm or cool.
- Intensity – The vibrancy of a color.
The unknown, and crucially important, aspects of color:
- Distribution – The location of color, where the color is used and the proximity of a color to other colors. The nature and personality of a color can drastically change when it’s location is changed.
- Quantity – The amount of a color used. Large amounts of red will be perceived differently than red used as an accent.