At the beginning of the day, every organization must ask themselves the provocatively dumb “Why?” question; “Why are we doing this?”
Non-monetary success cannot be determined without understanding your true purpose behind what you do? Getting into business to make money is not the purpose, it is merely a result of the vision that birthed the idea which has been translated into a viable business.
Organizations like Apple and Starbucks understand their Why, Microsoft and Dunkin Donuts does not.
Variations of Why Questions:
- Why should anyone care about what you do?
- Why are you doing what you’re doing?
- Why should you, the leader, care about your idea?
- Why do you think your idea (product, service, belief, etc.) is needed in this world?
- Why should your customers spend their money on your idea?
- Why should your employees care and support your idea?
If the above questions cannot be answered, your business is simply just operating without a true purpose – even if monetary success is achieved.
Sing up for Free Tips & Resources
I'll often share valuable insights, tools, resource and thoughts to help with your branding and marketing! Just the good stuff 😉